Arts Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Half a Million for Vettriano Original at Auction



A Painting by Jack Vettriano fetched £468,000 at a Sotheby's auction this September. 'Bluebird at Bonneville' (as seen above) was commissioned by Sir Terrence Conran 10 years ago for the Bluebird club in Kings Road, Chelsea. This classic contemporary image shows Sir Malcolm Cambell's celebrated land speed record-setting car against the white sands of the Utah Salt Flats in 1935.
Vettriano has said about the series of paintings he did for Sir Conran; “I was thrilled when Sir Terence Conran approached me with the project. The brief was pretty clear: ‘I know you have to paint cars, but try to make them sexy’. “I did a lot of research on the subject and spent six weeks in my studio producing the works - that’s slow for me. I then waited for the dreaded call. He loved them.”
Click on the painting to view Jack's current releases on our website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home