Arts Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Thursday, September 28, 2006

This Week's Window - Pam Carter

Pam's dazzling seascapes originate on the rugged West Coast of Scotland with its isolated cottages and wild colours and amongst the majestic cliffs and fishing villages of the East Coast. In her own words: "A sense of a place is important in my work but for me it's not about capturing a scene with complete accuracy. Sometimes it is the elements and the untamed force of nature that inspire, but more than anything it is the essential quality of the light which can be found in the Scottish land and seascape. I often interpret the scene with abstract elements allowing the paint to work for me. I translate this light in terms of contrast and colour - often bold but always with subtlety and balance. I ultimately want to create a visual sensation and pleasing image."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home